OBVS is seeking applications for a part-time Administrative Assistant to participate in the daily administration and coordination of OBVS’ office, programs, events and other activities. Reporting to the Executive Director, the successful candidate will work within the Oak Bay community office, and provide effective and efficient administrative support to the nonprofit organization.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for:
- Reception as the first point of contact for the public, clients and volunteers via phone, email and in-office
- General administration including checking mail, bank deposits, and other secretarial services
- Maintenance of the paper and electronic filing systems
- Database assistance including data entry and monthly maintenance
- Monitoring and ordering of office supplies
- Assistance with the coordination of office volunteers
- Periodic administrative support for the organization’s programs and events
- Communication support (e-blasts, social media posts, website updates)
- Other assistance to staff as required
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum of Grade 12 education; experience and/or education in office management/administration an asset
- Successful criminal record check
- Proficiency in computer software (Word, Excel, Outlook, databases, web tools)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Friendly, welcoming and professional demeanor
- Experience working with a nonprofit and voluntary organization as an employee or volunteer an asset
- Familiarity with customer relations managers, social media and website administration is an asset
This is a part-time employment position (20 hours per week) to start approximately August 27, 2018. Remuneration is $20.00 per hour plus benefits.
How To Apply:
Applications, including cover letter and resumé, will be accepted by email until 5:00pm on Sunday, August 12, 2018 to email@example.com, with the subject: Administrative Assistant Position.
About OBVS: Oak Bay Volunteer Services (OBVS) provides one-to-one direct services to the residents of Oak Bay. Serving the young to the young at heart, we provide a variety of free services to help maintain our clients’ connection to community and assist with a variety of everyday activities to help maintain an individual’s independence. All services are delivered by our team of dedicated and passionate volunteers.